Welcome to the Challenger Society
- Organizes and supports scientific meetings, including the biennial Challenger conference.
- Publishes the magazine Ocean Challenge and a monthly newsletter Challenger Wave.
- Supports a number of specialist groups covering a wide range of marine science topics.
- Provides travel support and other facilities for students and young scientists.
- Acts as a voice for the UK marine science community.
The website contains all information pertaining to the Challenger Society. Some information is available only to registered members of the society. This includes some editions of Ocean Challenge and access to Challenger Wave. To join us, please view the membership details in The Society section of the site.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN A Prospectus for UK Marine Sustained Observations The Challenger Society for Marine Science and the UK Scientific Committee for Oceanic Research (SCOR) are pleased to announce a one-day meeting to be held at The Royal Society, Carlton House Terrace, London SW1 on 17th September 2013. The Prospectus will feature an interdisciplinary series of talks and discussions by some of the UK’s foremost early to mid-career scientists who will celebrate the UK’s history of sustained observations of the ocean and reflect on the impact these observations have had on their field of science as well as in other areas. Each speaker will be asked to demonstrate the international importance of UK sustained observations and present creative ways to develop and use sustained observations of the ocean. All are invited to attend this exciting event.
Further information can be found at
Articles from the latest issue of Ocean Challenge:
The Challenger Society is sponsored by:
The Challenger Society is on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, follow us for the latest news: