AMBIO provides a technical forum for stduents, educators, researchers and governmental and industrial partners with shared interests in marine biogeochemistry. Our mission is to:
- Communicate and facilitate the proposal of strategic research, infrastructure development and collaboration;
- Connect Early Career Researchers (ECRs) with the UK-marine biogeochemical network;
- Enable access to mentoring across institutions for early- and mid-career marine biogeochemists;
- Disseminate recent advances in marine biogeochemistry through the biennial AMBIO science meetings;
- Promote ECRs and celebrate important contributors to marine biogeochemistry through awards, recognition and social engagements at AMBIO meetings;
- Engage other Special Interest Groups for the benefit of cross-disciplinary research.
Please email us at challengerambio@gmail to join our mailing list, and follow us on twitter: @ChallengerAMBIO
AMBIO held a half-day Town Hall event after the 2018 Challenger Society Conference in Newcastle. Minutes from this meeting are available here, and include our latest SIG developments, present national capability and strategic funding opportunities, plans for AMBIO IX and identified actions for our members. Thanks to all who supported this event and to those who did so remotely but could not attend on the day.
Links to past meetings
AMBIO VIII - The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS), September 6th-8th, 2017. You can read a summary of this event on the Challenger blog page.
AMBIO VII - University of Oxford, January 6th-8th, 2016. You can read a summary of this event here.
Challenger Medal Awarded 2020 and 2022
The Challenger Society is delighted to announce the delayed award of the 2020 Challenger Medal to Prof. Alberto Naveira Garabato, and of the 2022 Challenger Medal to Prof. Carol Robinson. We are absolutely delighted to honour these two fantastic scientists in this way, and look forward to hearing their Award Lectures at the forthcoming Challenger 150 meeting at the Natural History Museum. For more information about the Challenger Conference 2022 please click here.
International Digital Twins of the Ocean Summit #DITTO22
You are warmly invited to join on-line the International Digital Twins of the Ocean Summit #DITTO22, which takes place on Wednesday and Thursday the 4th and 5th of May.
Vacancy MASTS Marine Social Science Lead
MASTS has a vacancy for a 0.5FT Marine Social Science lead.